Monday, May 14, 2012

25 & 26 Weeks.

At 25 weeks, Dawson was the size of a Rutabaga and an 26 weeks, she's the size of an English Hothouse Cucumber.  Hmmm.  Weird..  It's also weird to me how different these two things look:


Week 25 was stressful.  I think my hormones started getting the best of me.  I was tearing up at the drop of a hat.  I even cried during the Ellen DeGeneres Mother's Day Special - and it was all exciting and fun!  All of the pregnant mom's in the audience were getting gifted with tons of free baby gear!  Such a fun thing - and I was like crying over it.  It definitely started to taper off and by this weekend, I was back to my old self.  I was definitely sweating the small stuff last week for no apparent reason.  Chill, Jamie.

I've been feeling great!  Yesterday on Mother's Day (and my official week 26 start date) I woke up to Dawson just swimming around and kicking in my tummy.  I took a video of it, but I can't seem to get it to upload to youtube.  It's amazing to see my belly move and to feel her getting stronger and stronger.  I think she may take after her momma and be a little cheerleader - I could feel her working on her back-handsprings yesterday!  Don't worry, Dad - she can still play golf, too :)  And speaking of, have I mentioned Jack brought home his first pair of clubs the other day?  His grandpa bought them for him and they are so cute!  They are in a little white golf bag.  Dawson will get a lot of use out of them.  Unless she's a lefty like me, then we will have to get her a new set.  What am I going to do on the weekends when Jack takes Dawson to golf?  Maybe they will be nice and let me ride around in the cart with them :)

Jack and I have been cooking at home a lot and trying to eat as healthy as possible.  Of course you'll find me eating chicken tenders from time to time and I've been a sucker for all desserts lately.  Our weekends are really the time we let loose and eat whatever.  But my biggest craving now is sweets.  Cookies, ice cream, you name it!

I am on the count DOWN now.  I like saying "I only have 14 more weeks until her arrival!".  She's actually kicking up a storm as I type this blog entry.

I go at the end of May to have the glucose test done.  Then after that, I start seeing Dr. R every two weeks! That's so wild to me.  I feel like things are really moving.  We are painting the nursery on Memorial weekend and by then her dresser should be in as well.  I have my first BABY SHOWER this weekend.  My sisters are throwing me a little family shower which I am so excited about!  I'll be sure to blog about it next week.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how quickly time is going!!!! She will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete