Tuesday, June 26, 2012

32 Weeks.

32 weeks!  Okay, so I thought the time was going by quickly but now I feel like it's starting to slow down.  This morning I told Jack I feel like August 19th is never going to be here!  I'm so ready for Dawson's arrival and to not be pregnant anymore.  I'm giddy.

This week Dawson weighs about 3.75lbs and is about the size of a jicama (about 16.7 inches long).  Don't worry, I'll post a picture of a jicama in a second for those of you who don't know what this is.  I hadn't the faintest idea.  I mean make comparisons with easier fruit/veggies, Baby Center :)

This past week was busy, but like I said, I feel like it's starting to drag a bit.  I had a baby shower and then I hosted a wedding shower for my dear old friend Brooke that I grew up with.  She is getting married in October - let's hope some of this baby weight is gone before I have to slip into my bridesmaid dress.....

I feel great.  I seem to be growing at a rapid pace.  Baby Center says I should be gaining about a pound a week with half of that weight going straight to Dawson.  She will gain about half of her birth weight within the next 7 weeks.  

I have been eating a lot of sweets.  Maybe that's why she's been so active in my tummy.  Sugar high, perhaps?  I feel like she's running out of room.  My stomach is getting tighter and tighter.  I still haven't seen stretch marks, so hopefully I can steer clear of those.  I don't know if I have mentioned this, but all I've been using is the Kiehl's Creme de Corps body lotion.  I love it!  Such a great lotion pregnant or not pregnant.  So moisturizing.  
Here's the Jicama.
And here I am at 32 weeks on Sunday.  Wowzers.  I think my stomach is more along the lines of a jumbo basketball than a Jicama.

1 comment: