Wednesday, December 15, 2010

New Year - New Room

I love love love purchasing items for our house!  I love getting new gadgets for the kitchen and I love planting flowers in the spring so our yard will look nice.  My one and only problem.... The Master Bedroom.  Yes, you heard me.  Mine and Jack's master bedroom is hideous.  I guess since it is located in the back of our house and we never have traffic back that way, it was always kind of my last priority...... UNTIL NOW.  I have spoken with a few people and gotten some ideas.  I have also had my eye on this certain quilt at Restoration Hardware that I will soon be purchasing.  It is kind of my "inspiration" for the new room, if you will.

I love Restoration Hardware's style.  I love walking into their store at Utica Square and immediately wanting to purchase everything I see.  To me, it's a very earthy, modern, laid back neutral chic look......  Do all of those things together make sense?  Anyway, back to the quilt.  I first saw it online and then went into the store and took a peek.  I have to have this quilt.  But let's start things off right, new paint.......

Here are some "Before" pictures of our master bedroom.  Don't worry, I didn't make the bed to try and trick my readers into thinking that it's a cute/clean room.  It's not.  I will paint next Wednesday.... Until then, cheers to the New Year working on our New ROOM!
Here is our sample paint.


Sample Paint Colors

You may ask why that ugly picture thing is hanging on my wall?  To be honest with you, I have no clue.....

Door to our Master Bath

Paint samples with a flash.
There are more pictures to come!  I just want to let you guys know what I am working with!  I can't wait to see the finished product!

1 comment:

  1. oh yay, this is fun!! can't wait to see the process of the finished room! our room is hideous too...so someday when i update i will be needing your assistance :)

    ReplyDelete