Monday, March 19, 2012

Shew Fly!

Yesterday Jack and I were out in the yard again trying to slowly pick up and clean out our flower beds.  We also changed out all of our light bulbs by our front and back doors with yellow light bulbs.  Apparently bugs can't see yellow light, so they aren't attracted to these light bulbs like they are regular bulbs.  We have such a problem with bugs flying in our house when we are opening and shutting our doors at night.  And since Spring seems to have come especially early this year, the bugs have already started buzzing around our house.  With the mild winter we had, I am sure the bugs are going to multiply this summer.  

Last night after the sun went down, I watched the bulbs for a few minutes and I could already tell a difference - practically no bugs around our door ways!  It's pretty nice.

We bought the energy saving bulbs.  I think they were $5 a piece, but they last a lot longer than the regular bulbs.  Totally worth it if you ask me!
Zoomed: SYLVANIA 13-Watt Compact Fluorescent Bug Light Bulb (CFL) 
What are some things you do to get your house ready for spring?  

1 comment: