Friday, July 27, 2012

36 Weeks.

The week Dawson weighs around 6lbs - about the size of a Crenshaw Mellon.  At this rate, she's gaining about an ounce per day - and I'm definitely feeling it.  My stomach is heavy.  If she comes out anything less than 8lbs, I'll be totally shocked.
Yesterday I had my first weekly appointment with Dr. R.  She checked me and my cervix is softening, but I'm not dilated at all.  She wanted to double check that Dawson was head down, because she didn't think what she was feeling was her head.  She scanned me and low and behold, Dawson is sitting head up, bottom down with her legs crossed Indian style.  Dr. R said normally if babies haven't flipped by now, usually they won't, but there's still a chance she might.  She is going to check Dawson's position for the next two weeks and if she hasn't flipped, we will schedule a c-section the week before Dawson is due - I'm guessing somewhere between the 10th and the 13th?  I really don't have a preference whether I have a vaginal birth of c-section.  I won't feel like less of a woman if I never have a vaginal birth.  I just want her to arrive safely.

I was actually breach and my mom had to have an emergency c-section with me (she said I was by far her worst delivery, thanks mom).  I'm also left handed.  Does this mean Dawson is already taking after her momma?  Will she be a lefty?  That would be great for her golf game - am I about to give birth to a female Phil Mickelson.... :)

I'm feeling good this week.  I haven't had any pre-labor pains.  No contractions or Braxton Hicks that I am aware of or have felt.  Things seem to be going pretty well.  It sure is hot out there, but I'm just trying to stay positive about the heat - I don't have much longer, why start complaining now!  But a big 'ol girl in this heat that is outgrowing her clothes by the second isn't a pretty sight.  I was talking about this the other day with some other pregnant friends.  I'm starting to outgrow my clothes but I am determined NOT to buy anything else.  I will make what I have work until I have this little babe.  You really do get much bigger at the end.

On another note, I'm wearing all black at work today and keep looking down to find white Tank hairs on me.  Is it weird it kind of makes me smile :)
Tank, Dawson and I taking a break this past weekend.
Happy Friday, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment