Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I Hate Cancer.

Cancer.  What a frightening word.  There are all kinds of cancer and so many people fighting those different cancers every day.  My friend recently told me that her mom was diagnosed with breast cancer the day before Christmas Eve.  She is now on her road to recovery after having a double lumpectomy last week.  What a blessing!  Please keep her in your prayers though, as she starts radiation.  She will have 6 1/2 weeks of that.

Today my friend Karns sent me an email about her friend Alli who recently found out she had breast cancer.  Alli is THIRTY FIVE years old!  She started a blog and you can follow her on her journey here.  She plans on getting a double mastectomy followed by chemo.  Her and her husband have also had fertility problems in the past, so they froze three embryos in hopes that after all of this is said and done, they could have their little girl a sibling.  Keep Alli in your prayers.  Although I don't know her, her story is so moving to me.  When did women start getting breast cancer so early?  Christina Applegate, Giuliana Rancic, the list goes on.  It is becoming much more common to hear about women in their 20's and 30's being diagnosed with breast cancer.  As a woman myself, and a person who has seen cancer effect my own family and friends first hand, I am making a promise to myself right now, that I will give myself daily self breast exams and start becoming more conscious about what is going on with my own body.  I hope all of you reading will do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, I read her blog and what an amazing person she is! I am for sure following and will be praying for her. I love your post and gentle reminder that it can be anyone...sadly cancer doesn't know our age.
    XOXOXO!

    ReplyDelete