Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mardi Gras = Fat Tuesday (In French)

I never knew Fat Tuesday translated to Mardi Gras in French.  I always thought they were two different things.  Lucky for me, I have a really smart lawyer friend who straightened me out on Sunday.

Last night Jack and I attended our 2nd Fat Tuesday Party at the Hutchison house!  Tom and Lindsay are such great hosts.  The food was wonderful (I wish I would have taken pictures).  A big group of girls have a recipe club and we meet once a month.  This month it was Lindsay's turn to host, so she just turned their annual Fat Tuesday Party into a recipe club so everyone brought their husbands and a Cajun dish!  They were all wonderful.

Jack ate the piece of King Cake with the baby in it!  I guess it's a sign :)  I found it last year, but I may or may not have poked around looking for it and ate like three pieces of cake on my quest for the baby.  Jack found his baby fair and square!  It is tradition if you find the baby, you bring the King Cake next year.  Don't worry Lindsay, we are DEFINITELY going to join in on this tradition and bring the cake in 2012!

All in all, it was a wonderful night.  I even managed to stay up until about 10:30pm!  That is a weeknight Prego Record for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment