Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Philly me PLEASEEEEE!

Okay, on Monday night I made Philly sandy's for dinner.  The Philly I made is 330 calories.  I found it in this smart healthy cooking magazine.  I love a good Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich, so I had to give it a try.  Attention vegetarians:  You may not like what you are about to read...

What you will  need:

Chopped white onion (1 cup - more if you love onions)
Canola Oil
Top Round Steak 1.5 lbs.
Salt
Pepper
Provolone Cheese Slices
Whole Wheat Hogie Buns

Slice steak into 1/8 inch strips.  You want your strips pretty thin.  Set aside.
Chop 1 cup onion, put in a pan on Medium-Low heat with 1 tsp. Canola Oil and a few shakes of salt.  Put a lid over the onions for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Once onions are soft, throw in your steak strips, add 1tsp. Canola Oil, a few more shakes of salt and load it up with pepper (if you have met my husband, you know he likes pepper).  Cook steak and onions together until the steak is cooked through.  Be careful not to OVER cook.  Right before it is finished, throw 2 slices of Provolone cheese over the meat and onion mixture.  Let set until it starts melting then stir it all together.  Scope up servings and place on your hogies (we toasted our buns).

Not the best picture, but you get the drift.  I will definitely be making these again!

No comments:

Post a Comment