Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Easy Quick Chicken Enchilada Recipe

I think I have shared this on my blog before, but I just made them a few days back and wanted to share with all of my new readers!  These Chicken Enchilada's are so yummy, easy to make, and great if you want leftovers or are having a little fiesta dinner party!  Feeds a lot of people.

My mom's sister-in-law who gave me this recipe layers hers in a crockpot and cooks while she is at work or doing other things.  I cook mine in the oven.  I have even prepared this the day before, popped it in the fridge then cooked it the next evening.


1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 7oz. Can Chopped Green Chili's
1 Can Green Enchilada Sauce
1/2 - 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
15-16 Corn Tortillas Cut into 4th's 
3-4 Chicken Breasts, Boiled and Shredded (You can use canned chicken, but that kind of gives me the creeps)
1/2 Large Onion chopped and cooked in butter until soft.
2 Cups of Colby Jack Cheese

In a bowl, combine the soups, green chili's, Enchilada sauce, sour cream and cooked softened onions.  Stir and mix well.  In a greased baking dish, put a layer of the soup mixture in the bottom.  Then put a layer of corn tortillas covering the sauce.  Then a layer of chicken.  On top of the chicken, put the other layer of tortillas, then a layer of soup mixture, then the final layer of chicken.  Top with cheese.  Cover with foil and bake on 350-375 degrees for about 45 minutes (or until heated through).  Take off foil and cook for an additional 5 minutes to brown the top a little.

I always opt for the lower sodium cans of cream of shroom and cream of chicken.  It tastes the same.

That's it!  Enjoy!

1 comment: