Tuesday, April 19, 2011

16 Years

It's hard to believe that 16 years ago today, I was sitting in Mrs. Goldwire's room in the 6th grade.  It seems like forever ago.  As an adult now, my memories from my childhood have slowly started to fade away, but this day, April 19, 1995 is a day I will never forget.

I remember us all looking out the window and seeing a cloud of grey.  Thinking a storm was about to roll in.  Little did we know what was going on downtown.  Two of my teachers lost husbands, daughter's and grandchildren in the blast.  Friends lost family members.  It was such a sad day..... and for what?

There are terrible people in this world, but I have learned you can't stop every bad thing from happening.  You just have to love people and hope that they will show love in return.

Today I pray for the families who lost loved ones in the blast.  This day never becomes easy.  I pray for the firemen and police officers and EMT's who had to see the devastation first hand.  I pray for the people who came out alive.  Thank you God for all that you do and even through tragedy, bringing peace to us all.

I am so proud to be an Oklahoman.

No comments:

Post a Comment